Use this guide to ensure you are fully prepared for your Victorian Day Procedure Centre visit.
Prior to Admission:
- Complete the online pre-admission form or pre-admission booklet.
- If you have private health insurance, please contact your health fund prior to your procedure to ensure you are covered under your policy, be aware of any excess or co-payment amounts payable and to confirm waiting periods have been served.
- If you take regular medication please seek instruction from the doctor performing your procedure to confirm whether it needs to be ceased beforehand (e.g. Diabetic medication, blood thinners, anti-inflammatory medication, etc).
On The Day:
- Please arrive having showered and wearing comfortable clothing (no night time attire or toiletries necessary).
- Present to reception at your instructed time having followed your fasting instructions, this means nothing to eat or drink in the lead up to your procedure.
- Ensure you have a designated carer arranged to drive you home and stay with you post procedure as you cannot drive, catch public transport by yourself or Taxi/Uber by yourself.
Bring With You:
- Any regular medications in their original packets.
- Any documents relating to your procedure (e.g. Test results, referral and consent forms if you have them).
- Your method of payment (e.g. card or cash).
- Medicare card, private health insurance details and any concession cards.
- Contact details of your designated carer.
- Glasses, hearing aids and walking aids etc.
Please Do Not:
- Drink alcohol 24 hours prior to admission.
- Smoke cigarettes or chew gum.
- Wear make-up, nail polish or jewellery.
- Bring valuables.