Pre-admission is an important part of your hospital care. To ensure we can confirm your admission, financial and other arrangements, we ask that you:
- Fill in the Online Admission Form, or complete the admission booklet that you may have received from your doctor, as soon as possible and send it to Warringal Private Hospital, 216 Burgundy Street, Heidelberg VIC 3084, as this is where your forms will be processed.
Have the following details ready when you complete your admission form:
- Personal and Next of Kin Details.
- Medicare Card.
- Funding Details (e.g. Private Health Insurance, WorkCover, TAC, DVA or Self-funding).
- Benefit Details (e.g. Pension Card or Pharmacy Benefit Card).
- Procedure Item Numbers (these may have been quoted by your doctor’s rooms).
- Information your doctor supplied to you regarding implantable medical devices (e.g. Prosthetic and disposables) – If applicable.
If you have any concerns with Step 1, please phone 03 9274 1424 between 08.00am – 5.00pm.
- If you have private health insurance, please contact your health fund prior to your procedure to ensure you are covered under your policy, be aware of any excess or co-payment amounts payable and to confirm waiting periods have been served.
- Ensure you have read the Admission Checklist.
We know that health funds and billing charges can sometimes be difficult to understand and we are happy to assist in any way we can.
Additional Pre-Admission Information
Your doctor will explain the procedure to you and inform Victorian Day Procedure Centre of your procedure date.
You will be contacted by a member of Victorian Day Procedure Centre in the days prior to your procedure with your admission time and fasting instructions (unless otherwise instructed by your doctor).
If you take regular medication please seek instruction from the doctor performing your procedure to confirm whether it needs to be ceased beforehand (e.g. Diabetic medication, blood thinners, anti-inflammatory medication, etc).
Please inform us of any allergies or dietary instructions.
You can enquire as to what time you will be discharged in order to plan ahead with the person driving you home.
We are available to assist with any questions or concerns regarding your admission or procedure, feel free contact us.